Re: [Fwd: Newbie]

From: Brian Cleary (bcleary@interlog.com)
Date: Tue Sep 17 1996 - 14:42:23 EDT

Alan Casey wrote:
<SNIP>
> >2. These is a very slight clunk felt in the steering wheel when
> >starting to accelerate. I am not sure if the front brakes are sticking
> >or it is something in the steering linkage.
> >
> >Any advise from the experts is welcome!
> >

> I too have this problem in my 89 Sport. Been there for 4 years. I don't pay
much attention to it anymore as it does not seem to affect steering or tire
wear. Your note just jogged my memory that I think it went away for a while
after I put my 3" body lift in. The slip joint on the steering column had to
be changed for the lift kit and the old one was frozen to the shaft. One
hell of a job to get it off (heat, hammers, cursing). I'm going to check
that slip joint again. Maybe thats frozen again and causing the clunk
through the shaft!