RE: How to take apart door?

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 1996 - 08:22:04 EDT

I have not had occasion to remove the door panel on my Dakota but I have had
them off in my Daytonas. All around the perimeter of the door panel are
spring clips holding the panel against the door. These just pull out of the
holes they are pushed into. They are tough and I recoment that you use a
screw driver close to where they are attached to lever them out. The door
panel also hooks over the door at the window, so once the clips are loose it
lifts off.

Note: I have had the dash bezel off and there are several of these spring
clips holding it as well as the screws.

Dave Clement
89 4x4 LE