Re: Frying the computer

From: L Jacobs (ljacobs@Calvin.UCHSC.Edu)
Date: Fri Sep 27 1996 - 12:23:15 EDT

I don't want to dig up a dead horse... but...
I thought 104+ and other octane boosters were deemed to do more
damage than good. Reason: just look at your fouled plugs after you
use 104+. This is certainly true with racing Porsches.

Also - can I assume from this last thread that the new Mopar
Performance computer modules are out for my 96 Dakota?? (Not
Michael Clark, who owns a 93, but someone else alluded to it).

In message <324B5BE5.7129@ix.netcom.com> writes:
[snip]
> the road and immediately heard pinging in the engine (thanks to my final
> tank of 89 octane). Ooops! forgot to empty that bottle of 104+ octane
> booster in the gas tank. After adding the booster everything felt fine.
[snip]

Lee Jacobs - Flame red x-cab SLT V-8 5sp ABS Lim.Slip HD *ALL the goodies*