RE: Tranny Problems

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Thu Oct 03 1996 - 16:16:12 EDT

From: hd@basenet.net@INTERNET on Thu, Oct 3, 1996 2:23 PM

>Cold Sweats, and Shakey Hands.
>
>Just changed the transmission lube, (5sp) on my 94 SLT Club Cab 5.2 (14,000
>miles) 355 gear, and to my horror both magnetic plugs were loaded with
>shavings, is this a normal occurance? I purchaced the truck new. Next
>question, what exactly is the enguage speed for the cruise control (mine
hooks >up at approx 40mph)? Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Can't help you on the tranny plugs my truck is an auto but the cruise on my
truck works at any speed. This is also true for the (3) Daytona's I have had
with 5spds and it works in 3rd-5th gears (never tried in 1st or 2nd).

Dave Clement