RE: Tranny Problems

From: Mark M. Herrick (mherrick@ptialaska.net)
Date: Sun Oct 06 1996 - 02:54:28 EDT

>I am currently doing battle with them over a loose steering column, which >was reported twice under factory warranty, and which now the extended
>warranty service refuses to cover.
>
>20000 steering column slack

  What are the syptoms of the Loose steering column? I have just passed 24k when my 94 2WD V-6 and started to "Clunk" on turning the steering when going slow, like when backing out of a parking space.
  The dealer I use is pretty good, thankfully because I live on an island and he is the only one here! He had never heard the "Clunk" before but ran it up on the diagnostics computer and the answer was Loose steering column. This doesn't suprise me as the roads, if you want to call them roads, here are really bad and the continual abuse on the front end could cause this.
  I was wondering if this is the same symptoms you are having to be sure that it is the problem, I trust the guy but like to here the same story from someone else who has had the problem.

Mark.