RE: Big Intro

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Tue Oct 08 1996 - 17:40:37 EDT

>I have been researching/admiring/looking for Dodge Dakotas for about a
>year now and am now ready to buy one. I have been looking for one in the
>92-93 Dakota V8 Super LE Club Cab 4x2 or 94-95 Club Sport or Reg Sport
>((looked at a 95 reg cab with 32,000 on the clock and cords showin on the
>rear tires))

Jim - In my book 32K isn't a lot of miles. It seems like Dakota drivers put
a good deal more miles than average (they must love to drive 'em, hee, hee).
And bald tires aren't a reason to pass on a used vehicle. Clearly, they
were the OEM tires, with 32K on them. Talk the seller down a couple hundred,
and buy new tires! Would you rather have nice shiny cheapy tires, and a $400
markup for the 'new radials'?

I have several references to Magnum Performance from earlier this year.
Porter is near Houston? Thanks for the address and phone though.

Welcome to the list!

Jim

When we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution
with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom
to Americans ...And so a lot of people say there's too much personal freedom.
When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it. That's what
we did in the announcement I made last weekend on the public housing projects,
about how we're going to have weapon sweeps and more things like that to try
to make people safer in their communities. -- President Bill Clinton, 3-22-94,
                                               MTV's "Enough is Enough"