Re:Mileage

From: Pittermn62@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 08 1996 - 21:49:56 EDT

My 95 Sport was ordered (I found it used) through the military zone office w/
tonneau cover, bug deflecter and switched to a 22 gallon tank. It has the
standard 3.21 open rear. My best recorded mileage is 22.4MPG @ ~75MPH.
 Around town/commuting I usually get 18-20/tank overall. I record every
fill-up so I do have this documented. My worst tank was around 15 MPG after
a few HEAVY leadfoot sessions.

I'm interested in what sucess people have had with different modifications
involving performance and even handling.

Also, does anyone notice their 5spd sounds alot like a school bus
transmission? Mike works fine but seems noisy. The truck has 25K miles and
still has the original tires (the only one out of 4 with the same mileage I
looked at, and the only 5 spd.) so I don't think it was beaten to pieces. It
runs, shifts & drives fine. I checked what warranty work was done on it
since new and only the windshield was replaced (strange but true at aroung
1000 miles).

Pat Herman
Reg-cab Sport