Re: Taking the next step.

From: L Jacobs (ljacobs@Calvin.UCHSC.Edu)
Date: Tue Oct 15 1996 - 11:19:49 EDT

> >A lot of mailers these days can handle .BMP files, etc. I find them to
> >be
> >a great way to communicate something not easily expressed in words
> >(one picture speaks a thous... etc.). So my question is: What is the
> >largest
> >attached file size that can be sent without p**sing too many people off?

'Scuse me... but most newsgroups deal with this by having an http/ftp site.
I.E. PorschePhiles mailing group had a nice home page that they could browse,
see pictures, etc...

Dakotaphiles have one at:
http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/dakota.html

*If* you can use web browsers, you can see from this site how to send
pictures, important info that you want posted for public consumption
(i.e. FAQ's, instructions, etc...) that you don't want cluttering up
the mailing list. Also has a lot of good links.

In the case of the large BMP - I could finally see what was intended, but
would have appreciated a photograph more - posted to a public ftp or http
site, of course.

Maybe the site moderator should jump in here, so I don't choke on my
own foot...

Keep in mind I'm using university bandwidth, and don't have to pay
for per-minute or per-megabyte, so I can only speak for myself. Otherwise,
give-me all you got !!

LJacobs@Calvin.UCHSC.Edu 96 SLT Club 4x4 Flame Red ABS, Lim Slip, Etc

   __
  / / ___ ___ Lee Jacobs
 / / / _ \/ _ \ LJacobs@Calvin.UCHSC.Edu
/ /__| __/ __/ DVAMC - Univ. Colorado Health Sciences
\____/\___|\___| Big Aspirations, Small Wallet.