Re: Taking the next step.

From: Sam (sam_p@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 1996 - 10:55:56 EDT

    Now...back to Dakota Sh-TUFF...

    Anyone had trouble renting 8x12 enclosed trailers from U-haul with your Dakota
(V8's)???

    I have rented a few, but recently had an experience where the 'bone-head' said
that my Dakota only had a 2000 lb. towing rating!!

    I tried to convience him that I could tow more than the Ford-Explorer that was
pulling out of the yard with the exact same trailer!!!!! I have seen Toyota V6
pickups pulling the same trailer on the freeway (going slow)!!!

    I ended up going to another U-Haul place, they said the same thing, but the guy
knew that my truck was in the 6500lb. towing range because HE HAD ONE!!!! Yes the
trailer weighs 1600lbs. empty, and fully loaded with furniture I topped it out at
4400 lbs. (Truck = 4300 + trailer= 4400 Total weight at on weigh masters ticket was
8700 lbs.).... But still was able to manage a respectable 60 mph in 4th gear up a
6% grade... I was able to get the trailer from this guy, but 2 other places have
given me a hard time.

    Any other U-HAUL stories out there?? Or is it just me :)

    ..Sam '95 SLT CC MP SBEC