'93 Dakota Sport 3.9V-6 Magnum Auto w/ Tow Package. Bolt-on Performance Options?

From: Wade Mintz (wademintz@randomc.com)
Date: Mon Oct 21 1996 - 11:15:20 EDT

Hi guys.

I recently traded my 1988 Nissan Pathfinder for a '93 Dodge Dakota
Sport. It's Plymouth metal-flake green with the "Dakota Sport" script
on the doors. It has the 3.9 V6 Magnum Engine / MPFI and an automatic
tranny with OD towing package.

I really like the peppy-ness of the V6, BUT... I'd really like to
improve it's performance and gas mileage.

Has anyone any experience with MSD ignitions or JET Performance Chip
upgrades? If so, what can I expect (price/performance/difficulty in
installation...). Any other recommendations of BOLT-ON Performance
would be appreciated.

Also,
I've noticed that I have a lot of VALVE/LIFTER noise. A local tune-up
mechanic says that this is normal in MOPAR engines? Any input on that?

Would someone repost the message-stream regarding the OBD-2
procedures? I came in late on the list-server and would like to know
how to activated and interpret it.

Wade
~~Mintz Computer Services~~
~~3595 Canton Road~~