Re: '93 Dakota Sport 3.9V-6 Magnum Auto w/ Tow Package.Bolt-on Performance Optio

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 23 1996 - 00:03:12 EDT

I switched from Castrol Syntec fully synthetic to (don't cringe)
Q-State 4x4 semi-synthetic blend every 3000 miles. I used to hear
horror stories about what Q-state will do or turn into, but after many
runs over 6000 rpm, it's not gumming up, oil pressure is still where
it was before, and after pulling the heads last month, the internals
were no different than when using fully synthetic oil at a much higher price.
I guess if you left it in for 10,000 miles it would probably look like
black coffee with a side of metal shavings. Even when using fully synthetic
oil, it still gets changed every 3000 miles...and once every so often, I add
a bottle of STP oil additive, maybe that's why it's still good...
Kuk