Re: 1997 Dodge Dakota trucks

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 1996 - 12:04:00 EST

At 11:17 AM 11/6/96 EST, you wrote:

>Hello everyone, I am a first time new car buyer. I have picked the new
dodge dakota as my choice. I wish to learn everything I can about this
truck before I make the purchase. Any kind of info would be most
appreiciated. I am also looking for the best price. I am looking at the
ext.cab, 4x4, manual trans. power windows and locks, air, and cruise. Those
are the most inportant to me. The engine size has to some what powerful but
good gas miliage is a must for the truck will be used as a service vehical.
I hope anyone out there can provide me with some helpful infor. Thanks for
all yor time.

A good place to start is the Kelly Blue Book at: http://www.kbb.com/. The
options and codes as the same in Canada and the US. I just ordered my '97
similar to yours with the V8 automatic w/o power windows and locks. I also
ordered the trailer towing package, limited-slip, heavy duty electrical etc.
The V8 will give the pulling power and it's gas mileage isn't significantly
less than the V6. The heavy suspension isn't currently available.

I ordered through an auto broker, which will have saved me several thousand
dollars over purchasing through a dealer.

Robert P. Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia
Canada