Re: 4wd vs. 2wd

From: Actor Troy McClure (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 1996 - 13:03:02 EST

Bob:

> Necessity is in the eye of the buyer. I submit a V8 engine (an option) would
> be a necessity to someone towing a large travel-trailer. Likewise, someone
> who climbs snowy mountains would find 4X4 a necessity for themselves.
>

> -Bob T. (who will find both a V8 and 4X4 a "necessity" when I order my '97 :-)

I agree with your reasoning. I didn't catch the whole "4wd vs. 2wd" debate but
one of the major reasons that I ordered 4wd is RESALE VALUE. I may *never* slip
my Dakota in 4wd but I guarantee that when I put it up for sale, people will
find the truck more attractive. This time of year, 4wd vehicles sell like
popsicles in the middle of the desert. Blazers and such that normally don't
sell well during the year demand very high prices just before the snow flies.

-Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv

'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, 5.2L/5-spd (on order)