Re: 93 dakota club vs. 95 dakota club sport

From: Norah Kiraly (kiralyn@tor.hookup.net)
Date: Fri Nov 08 1996 - 23:06:55 EST

At 07:20 PM 11/8/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Unless someone is buying a Mercedes or something like that, I think that
>it's possible to get a lemon no matter who makes the vehicle.
>
>Just dumb old me, but it would seem that manufacturers and dealers would
>realize that a happy, nonirritated customer is likely to be a return
>customer.
>
>Glad that the '95 worked well. My '92's had a few relatively minor
>problems, but nothing I can't live with.
>
>Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE

The '95 has been great. I find now I'm looking for any excuse to go for a
drive. Sometimes I find myself on the highway going north with no
destination n mind, but with a real need to go.

The minor problems that I've had are that no matter what speed I take a
corner at, my tires squeel. This has happened since day one and I've
already had the tires rotated and re-aligned. Other pick-ups seem to take
this as a challenge and expect me to take them on. On a good day, I do.

The other problem I've had (and it's only been twice) is that when turning
the ignition, it sometimes locks and I can't budge it. I can turn to
accessories but not turn it over. Playing with it back and forth a few
times seemed to eventually clear it, but I don't like doing that. The two
times that this has happened, I also experienced a very unpleasant "KLUNK"
when going into reverse. Any ideas what this could be???

I also test drove the '97 3.9 2x4 club sport. What a dream. They made it
look like a mini ram (inside and out). Only thing I wasn't impressed with
was that the dual exhaust was no longer a dual. (Also test drove the V10
RAM - just a little too much power for my needs and it's still no DAKOTA.

I talked to my dealer about trading in and she talked me out of it. She
said it was too early in my lease and it wouldn't be financially wise. See
me in June and I'll make sure you get the first '98 on the street. (Custom
colour and all). I guess it pays to make a lot of noise at Chrysler till
they get to know you and see who the repeater buyers are.

Sorry to ramble on so much, but I'm new at this Internet stuff.

Norah