Re: 1997 Dakota's

From: Roger A. Sampson (RSampson@88net.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 1996 - 23:04:47 EST

EgoThrasher wrote:

> Does anybody have any opinions and or advice about the 97's? I really love
> the body style and how they drive!! :D
>
> But I've also heard some other things about them such as really poor gas
> milage and interior noise.
>
> Please expand :P
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Ego-Ego,
I have put about three tank fulls of gas in my '97 Dakota Club Sport,
4X2 and am getting 16 to 18 mpg. That is a combination of city and
freeway driving. The truck is a V8, with a 5 speed, and 3.55 rear axle.
My mileage seems to track pretty well with the on-board computer.

In regard to the noise level, I would say it is very quiet, for a truck.
Dodge has done a good job of sound deadning, and hopefully did not add
too much weight in the process. I have not measured the actual sound
pressure levels in the truck but based on a somewhat calibrated ear, I
don't agree with the accusation of high noise level. Now in regard to
the audio system, (non upgraded) it would be a good thing to have a
higher noise level so one could not tell just how poor it is!
Roger