Re: Fuel Filter: (Was Re: New problem: Lack of Power)

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 12 1996 - 13:00:10 EST

Bryan -
        I relieved the loop pressure using an A/C recharge hose [which
is useless now that I can't buy Freon - and I don't have a whole manifold
setup, but that's another story..] because the fittings match. Also, the
hose seems to resist gasoline just fine, and is clearly designed to take
the pressure.
        I'd look for one in the 99 cent bin at the auto shops.

        The fitting in question is on the rear driver's side, sticking up
from the fuel rail above the manifold. Mine has a grey plastic cap. [The
A/C system is on the passenger side - I don't think you want to confuse
the two - just trace out the tubing. The fuel rail is white cad plated,
the A/C is painted black.]

        Other end of the hose to a coffee can.

Good luck,

Jim

'Give me your motor-voter, your scared senior, your lifelong welfare
recipient, your generally misinformed, your undereducated, your envious,
your dissatisfied-with-life, your lover-of-failed-policies past, your
Hollywood contacts, your Tyson Foods employee, your Clinton has made
interest rates go down believer, your tax lover...I need that vote'
                        Billary '96