Re: Overdrive Lockout

From: Norah Kiraly (kiralyn@tor.hookup.net)
Date: Tue Nov 12 1996 - 13:12:58 EST

At 11:01 AM 11/12/96 -0600, you wrote:
>> Let my clarify it again -- the '93 OD button clearly said "ON" while
>> -- my '95 OD button clearly says "OFF".
>>

>Hope this helps,
>
>My 93 said ON, but the light was on by default, and OD was on by
>default. If you pressed the button, the light would go off, and the OD
>would not engage.
>
>I think the buttons have the same function, but Chrysler changed the
>label due to confusion.
>
>If yours functioned opposite, probably something was hooked up wrong, or
>maybe this was some optional feature.
>
>I know it always confused me, and the only way I could tell for sure was
>to drive over 45 and see if it went into OD. The light was not very
>bright, so i'd usually puch the button a few times before I knew if it
>was on or off. The bottom line is, it's a really bad way to impliment
>the OD, good to hear for '97 it's a button on the shifter, although I'd
>prefer another shift notch, like GM vehicles.
>
>--
>-Chris Smith
>mopar@tough.com
>(not related to Mopar or Dodge, just love their products)

Thanks Chris

You probably are correct but now I feel I have to clear myself from you guys
thinking I'm some blonde no-brain. Someone out there will save my
reputation. I've already got a call in to both Chrysler Canada Customer
Service and the one in the US. I never thought by asking a simple questions
could lead to so much. You watch - If I don't get an answer, I'll drive down
to Windsor and demand one. I've submitted my VIN # to a few of the
dealerships around here that also said they were going to look into it as
well. But like I say again, you are probable correct and us Computer People
get nervous with "ON" "OFF" and switching the rules around. Can't help
bringing my ANALYST techniques into it --- WHY!

Sorry for any attitude, did the night shift and haven't slept yet.

Thank again

Norah