Re: Overdrive Lockout

From: Chris Smith (mopar@tough.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 1996 - 12:01:58 EST

> Let my clarify it again -- the '93 OD button clearly said "ON" while
> -- my '95 OD button clearly says "OFF".

Hope this helps,

My 93 said ON, but the light was on by default, and OD was on by
default. If you pressed the button, the light would go off, and the OD
would not engage.

I think the buttons have the same function, but Chrysler changed the
label due to confusion.

If yours functioned opposite, probably something was hooked up wrong, or
maybe this was some optional feature.

I know it always confused me, and the only way I could tell for sure was
to drive over 45 and see if it went into OD. The light was not very
bright, so i'd usually puch the button a few times before I knew if it
was on or off. The bottom line is, it's a really bad way to impliment
the OD, good to hear for '97 it's a button on the shifter, although I'd
prefer another shift notch, like GM vehicles.

--
-Chris Smith
mopar@tough.com