Re: New problem: Lack of Power

From: Actor Troy McClure (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 1996 - 08:57:48 EST

> >> I have ALWAYS run 92 octane, either Shell or Texaco gas.
> >
> >Wasting your money.. It would be great if these motors weren't
> >computerize. Or if these motors made more than 9:1 compression
> >

> Well, if you have a MP SBEC, you MUST run 92 octane. I probably should have stated
> that... The truck has the R/T setup (except for CAM and Headers)... Though the
> headers are a near future addition!
>
> ...Sam '95 SLT (changing the plug wires first ) Dakota :)

Sam:

Do the cam first. Then let me know how it turns out I don't wanna go first.
:^)

Why does the R/T cam cost $460 bucks when I can get a "warm" cam for my Camaro
for under $100? Yeah, I know one is roller and one is not but that's still a
big difference.

-Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv

'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, 5.2L/5-spd (on order)