Re: Transfer Case Wrench

From: Brian Cleary (bcleary@interlog.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 1996 - 07:43:22 EST

Jane or Larry Elliott wrote:

> Sears carries a 30mm 1/2 drive socket, at least that's where mine came
> from, but it's 39 F and dark as the inside of a cow so I ain't gonna go
> out and see if it's the one that fits.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE

Unfortunatly a socket won't fit. Not enough room because of cross bar
so I'll have to find an open or boxed end someplace. Four wheel drive
seems to be an after thought on these trucks. Everything is hard to get
at. Had to put a remote oil filter so I could change the filter easier
(Disconnect vacuum lines in the way)and a petcock and hose on the oil
drain so I didn't get drenched at each oil change (Cross bar right at
drain plug!) Hope things improved after 89!!