Re: Transfer Case Wrench

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Tue Nov 19 1996 - 21:40:17 EST

I really don't intend to go check tonight, we've got 6" of snow on the
ground in Seattle. But my feeble memory seems to recall that the 30 mm
socket will fit on plug on my '92. As I remember there's a great bloody
lump on the transfer case that prevents the use of an end wrench. The
filler plug on the '92 is a very thin headed too and I'd be leary of using
a BIG crescent wrench on it.

Oh ya, a ratchet handle will also fit on the socket when the socket's on
the nut. Very important consideration.

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE