Re: Fat Webpage

From: Alan (acasey@io.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 1996 - 13:21:17 EST

Kukukooter@aol.com wrote:

> So in appealing to the Leadfoots side, has anyone thought of coming up
>with recipes for certain performance levels and putting them on the
>webpage.

I have'nt seen the 1BadDak project, but I agree with you. With those
mods they should get better times. For crying out loud thats over 350
horsepower. Anyway I got a catalog from Magnum Performance out of
Houston that has recipes for performance upgrades, some of them are as
follows:

"Beginning with a stock Dakota with the 5.2 liter Magnum engine and a
3.90 limited slop differential, your starting point for quarter mile
elapsed times should be in the range of 15.50 seconds at 88 mph.

     Ingredient Result

*Gibson/Flowmaster Exhaust System 15.22 @ 89.97
*Mopar Performance Computer 14.94 @ 92.38
*Magnum Express throttle body 14.76 @ 93.21
*MSD Ignition System Kit 14.52 @ 94.42
*Street Underdrive Pulleys 14.35 @ 95.75
*Doug Thorley Headers 14.11 @ 97.49
*Magnum Roller Rocker Conversion Kit 13.93 @ 98.67
*Extrudehone Intake Manifold 13.67 @ 101.12
*Magnum Plus Camshaft & Injectors 13.29 @ 103.46
*Stage III Cylinder Heads 12.71 @ 106.98
*Vortech Supercharger or Nitros 11.58 @ 113.75
*Vortech Supercharger and Nitros 11.21 @ 118.35

They have seen stock times vary from the mid to low 16's all the way down
to the high 14's. Realize that no two trucks are alike and that nobody
has control over weather conditions which can greatly affect performance.
Don't be discouraged if your times don't match these exactly. There are
many variables involved and you may be able to surpass the conservative
average times they have listed above.
After the computer, wider radials would suffice. After the throttle
body, ignition system and headers or fuel injectors... a sticky tire will
be required or else serious traction problems will hamper your ability to
achieve similar results."

Magnum Performance
P.O. Box 1289
Porter, TX 77365
(713)354-7223

Alan 94,V8,SLT,5spd,MP SBEC,Flowmaster (Work in Progress)