Re: Big Bad 360

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 1996 - 11:14:53 EST

At 11:08 PM 11/18/96 -0600, you wrote:
>I've seen several new Dakotas on the road recently. They look a bit
>goofy with the chrome grill and without the fender flares. Like the
>Ram, they look best in a Sport 4X4.
>
>A local dealer that had about 20 delivered a month ago is down to 1!
>--
>-Chris Smith
>mopar@tough.com
>(not related to Mopar or Dodge, just love their products)

I guess 'beauty is in the eyes of the beholder'. My '97 is an all white SLT
complete with the chrome grill and no fender flairs (flairs, wide tires and
rims plus anti-sway bar are a VERY expensive option). I've seem the basic
model (grey grill) and sport model both in white and definitely prefer mine.
So does everyone else who's seen it. To get the options I wanted, it was
much cheaper to buy the SLT than to build up a base model or sport.

But, then I had a '78 D200 which was white and had a massive chrome grill
from fender to fender.

I am thinking on adding the flairs, but they might look better flat black
like the earlier version, rather than white to match the truck. What do you
think?

Robert P. Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia