RE: 360-powered rumors

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 19 1996 - 13:06:18 EST

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Dave Clement-LDC009 wrote:

> >Do we really need a 360-powered Dakota? How many ponies and foot-pounds
> would
> >you expect out of such a beast? (Kukukooter probably has more
> get-up-and-go
> >coming out of his 318 right now.)
>
> The 360 is rated 235HP and 330ft-lbs torque @ 3000rpm and goes up to 245HP
> with the low restriction exhaust that is supplied on the SS/T RAM package.
> Nothing to get overly excited about or wait on purchasing a Dakota in hopes
> of seeing it offered as an option.
True enough Dave, but the 360 Magnum can be outfitted to bring more power.
Take the crate motors for example. By changing just a few items you can
get 300 hp easy. If we continue this part swap the 380 crate gives us 380
hp and 410 ft/lbs. I know that these crate motors are based on the 360.
Ok they won't pass smog, but if you find a thrashed Ram with a good 360 I
wouldn't turn it down. I plan on doing something like this in the (vast?)
future. I can dream and the smog guy can't tell if it looks stock.
<G>
1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
Bill Countie
e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu