RE: 360-powered rumors

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 20 1996 - 09:37:16 EST

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Dave Clement-LDC009 wrote:
> Bill, point taken, the 360 has more HP potential but if you do not plan to
> build a race motor the readily available bolt on goodies work about the same
> on both engines so you still will not be that much further ahead. You can't
> really compare the magnum 360 with the crate motor that MP sells. The crate
> motor is based off the pre-magnum block/head design and is intended to be
> run with a carb, it is not just a compilation of parts that could be bolted
> to a magnum engine.
>
> Dave Clement

        I agree.

        I don't really see myself dropping a 360 into my dakota. On the
other hand, the new crate motors are magnum based unlike the older crate
motors. You'd also have to paint them black to pass the visual <G>.
        On the whole, I like the current package, but a 360 does offer
some bragging rights. It really depends what you do with your truck as to
what is suitable. For now, it's just fun, and I get to set off motion
detectors.
BTW, there is now an escort to light up in my parking garage as well!

1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
Bill Countie
e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu