Sure Grip

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 1996 - 15:58:04 EST

Well I just had a sure grip unit installed in my differential. I decided to
stay with the 3.21 gears because of the Manuel transmission. I did'nt want
to give up my gas mileage or my highway crusing speed. I am hoping the
future hp mods will compensate for the low ratio rear end.

Man what a difference!! I can launch at 2200 rpm with just a chirp, and
then see ya. Before that would have burned the left rear tire clean off the
truck, and the 1-2 shift is uneventfull as well. Why did I wait so long to
get this done???

Anyway, a couple of questions. I notice that it is now very suseptable to
wheel hop on some surfaces, is there something I can do for this, within
reason. I don't want to have this problem on the track, because once it
starts to hop all you can do is let off, not much of an option..

Also is it possible to change out any of the gears in the 5 spd
transmission? I would like 3rd to be a little closer to 2nd. I currently
drop out of my power band when shifting to 3rd unless I am well within the
redline. The truck pulls great between 3400 - 4800.

I guess I could just try and get some more low end power, any recomendations???

Thanks.....

Alan 94,V8,SLT,5spd,MP SBEC,Flowmaster,Now featuring "Sure, come here little
mustang, Grip" (work in progress)