Re: Wheels

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 1996 - 16:12:17 EST

>I have a 93 Dakota Sport and have considered a 2" front 4" rear
>performance/handling drop with 17 inch wheels and a Bell Tech kit. I want
>to go with at least an 8" wide tire but I am concerned with what type of
>offset to get. I am worried about the leaf-spring position and I absolutely
>do not want my wheels to stick out. I know that the 1997 Dakota's have
>optional 8" wheels but to my knowledge there were none between 87-96. And
>also, does anyone have a good source for Dakota parts and accessories. As
>you all know, finding desent looking 6- bolt wheels is not an easy task!
>Any help would be appreciated!
>
>John
>http://members.tripod.com/~mopar

I put 8" rims on my 94 Dakota without any problems, no offset. I do however
have the stock wheel well molding/flares. I bought American Racing
AR-534's. They offer 10 different styles for the dakota. Also Boyds has
quite a selection of both cast and billet wheels to choose from that will
fit your truck. Of course you start paying big bucks with the billet wheels...

Hope this helps...

Alan 94,V8,SLT,5spd,MP SBEC,Flowmaster,SureGrip (work in progress)