RE: Fuel Injector Cleaner

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Tue Nov 26 1996 - 16:31:46 EST

From: ragnew@islandnet.com@INTERNET on Tue, Nov 26, 1996 2:52 PM

>He also indicated, on engines with knock sensors (ie. my '97 Dakota), the
>computer adjusts the timing to suit the grade of gasoline. Therefore, the
>higher the octane, the better the performance.

That's only true to a point. The knock sensor will retard timing from a base
reference when knocking is detected. It will not make the timing more
aggressive than what it was designed for. That is, if the programing was
designed around the use of 87 octane and the sensor does not detect knocking
with it, 92 octane will not do anything to improve performance.

Dave Clement