Re: MSD Hook up?

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 27 1996 - 22:32:02 EST

Kuk
Interesting thoughts as my attempts at this time is to retard the timing on
the Mopar Performance computer for use with NOS. MSD maintains that their
Units and retards take place after the computer and therefore the computer
does not know about it. I have been researching this thing with calls to the
Experts all over the country and then used a Snap On MT2500 diagnostic
computer to reasearch more. I was told that the retard was only needed at
wide open throttle and ran some tests with the MT 2500 to try to figure it
out. I found 26 degree total timing wide open (at initial wide open and
dropping from there) with the stock computer and 32 degree with the
Performance computer. The MT2500 also gives about 30 other bits of info and I
had noticed that the O2 readings were rich and the exhaust readings were
always rich at WOT. I questioned this to local expert and he told me the same
thing as to WOT settings are pre programmed and are always rich.

I found the retard device faulty and have sent it back to get replaced but
ASAP after getting it hooked up I intend to hook up 2500 and trigger retard
and see what the Computers do in response. Hopefully it will tell me. If it
does I'll pass it on to you.

Bill