Re: SBEC Failure

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 03 1996 - 01:16:44 EST

In a message dated 96-12-02 22:38:28 EST, JLee861054@aol.com writes:

<< The Haynes manual tells me that 92 Dakota with the 5.2 V8 has
 an electric fuel pump in the gas tank, doesn't that rule out vapor
 lock??? Any ideas ????

 I read somewhere that the MP SBEC performance unit is unsuitable
 for towing!!! Can anyone tell me why??? >>

BINGO, vapor lock hit my 95 at the track once, ran a 16.80 at 95 mph...
as for towing, throw in some octane booster and the 36 degrees of advance
won't see much detonation, which is Chysler's worry (cheap Jiffy Mart 86
octane,
pulling 10,000 lbs won't cut it)
Kuk