Releiving detonation

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 1996 - 03:13:57 EST

I was going through my archives and I found this from Jules in a message
about thermostats:

> we have extensive background in driving Magnum SBEC controlled egines
> with 180 & 195 tstat. For stock computer stock tstat seems to give best
> drivability. Even with upgrades stock tstat works best up to
> detonation. 180 can relieve detonation...

I have slight detonation sometimes due to the Mp SBEC. Could a 180
tstat releive this or is octane booster the best way to go? Could
someone elaborate on why a 180 would help as I am not "automotively
adept" at these sort of technical issues. :(

Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
93, LE, 2wd, reg. cab, SWB
5.2L, Auto, Mopar SBEC, Mark III