Re: Releiving detonation

From: Jules Glogovcsan (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Wed Dec 04 1996 - 16:58:30 EST

Michael Clark wrote:

> I have slight detonation sometimes due to the Mp SBEC. Could a 180
> tstat releive this or is octane booster the best way to go?

the only thing I use ocatane boost for is to kill the weeds in my
driveway sections

 Could> someone elaborate on why a 180 would help as I am not
"automotively
> adept"

simply stated it allows the radiator to exchange more heat from the
engine into the ambiant... and this allows the combustion chamber
casting to run cooler and this cooler part of the engine helps to
prevent the dreaded "rattle".

--

Jules/MPI 99 Tech Central Dodgeville, RAM USA