Re: rear speakers

From: Sam (sam_p@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Dec 05 1996 - 16:52:02 EST

You wrote:

>Maybe this will give you some ideas for what you seek...My Dak is set up as
>follows...
>Cd in dash with preouts going to the two-way active crossover, mid to highs
>go to a 4-channel amp (50x4) that powers all 4 factory speakers with mids to
>high freq's, while the lows go to a 200 watt 2 channel that powers enclosed
>separate 10" subs behind the seats. The jack has obviously been removed and
>the amps are under each seat. SOUNDS incredible period..
>Kuk

WELL!

    Before I grew up (*I'm 28 now, just don't tell me wife I grew up, or I'll have
to get rid of all of my toys!*)...in my B4DKOTA stage (before dakota's) I had a
Mitsubishi mighty max, and had quite a setup... Blaupunk (however you still it)
Dallas remote receiver, Blaupunk CDP01 pull out CD player, pioneer 7 band passive
eq, Infinity 8" sub mid bass, Infinity 6" sub mids, Infinity 4" mids, & Infinity
1" dome tweeters in the DOORS!, 2- Punch 10" subs behind the seats, and a 'coffin'
sized box in the bed with 2- punch 12" subs... All powered by 2- PPI amps, 2 x
150watt 4 ohm for the mids/tweeters, and the subs powered by a 1 x 200 watt 1 ohm
bridged. I had to run with 2- diehard GOLD batteries, and couldn't play my radio
ANY WHERE near my house...'cause my dad told me he would kick me out!!! The wind
shield wipers on my truck would vibrate 1/4-1/2" off of the glass sometimes!!! I
had fun with it, but when I got my Dakota I wanted to have room for people in the
back seat, so no-box/amps like before. I do run 2- 6" Bazooka tubes from my old
truck (I got them free from a friend who didn't like 'em)... They work great in my
Dakota... BUT NOTHING like what I once had... I think that I soaked about $3000
into that setup... Wish I could soak that $3000 into my Dakota!!! Jules would
be my best friend! :)

---
     My friend had a similar setup, but he has expanded it, and has it in his work
truck now...A ford Ranger extra-cab.   We went out a couple weeks ago, and some
guy pulled up along side us playing some kind of rap music, real loud...but
distorted...  My friend cranked up his 'Glen Miller and his Big Band' CD... "Tad
Tad ta-dalla (horns and such, then )...BOOM BOOM BOOM" (Glen Miller music)... The
guy next to us freaked out...It was pretty funny...I'm not into Glen Miller, but
it sounded CLEAN/Crisp...

..Sam '95 SLT