Re: Sticky accelerator pedal

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 1996 - 19:50:42 EST

> My Dak had a severe problem with the accerator pedal sticking when
> I bought it (used). The DPO (Dreaded Previous Owner) had taken the
> linkage to the carb apart and lost the fasteners. He replaced them
> with a cotter pin and washer. He didn't trim the cotter pin correctly
> and the carb lever was hanging up on the cruise control. I replaced the
> cotter with a correctly trimmed one and lubed the sliding assembly with
> a very thin coating of white lithium grease. . . .

Thanks for the advice. The WD-40 sat overnight and penetrated a little
more, today the pedal is very smooth. I beleive it was a dry cable on
the throttle body end that was causing it. I guess the heat and dust
over a period of time causes this. I plan to lube it better with
lithium grease when temps. warm up a bit or when it gets dry again, wich
ever comes first.

--
-
Michael Clark        mike@snakebite.com