Re: Sticky accelerator pedal

From: James Babcock (james.a.babcock@relay.adn.alcatel.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 1996 - 08:12:19 EST

My Dak had a severe problem with the accerator pedal sticking when
I bought it (used). The DPO (Dreaded Previous Owner) had taken the
linkage to the carb apart and lost the fasteners. He replaced them
with a cotter pin and washer. He didn't trim the cotter pin correctly
and the carb lever was hanging up on the cruise control. I replaced the
cotter with a correctly trimmed one and lubed the sliding assembly with
a very thin coating of white lithium grease.

I know that the 93 is injected, but this might help. Be sure to check
the cruise control attachments.

-Jim.
'87 V6 4x4

--