Re: Ramette

From: Tom McCabe (mccabet@megsinet.net)
Date: Thu Dec 12 1996 - 17:27:09 EST

mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com wrote:

> I realize after this tirade I don't rate a response, but if some one is
> feeling 'christmassy'enough to still give this Dakota a helping hand,
> (Do it for the dakota man, not for me!) info is all i'm after
> Info Update: The Power Control Module had a printout that said
> --> "No ASD Relay Voltage Sensed At the Computer"
> more questions:
> 1) Whats ASD?
> 2) Does this make the Computer Bad or the ASD?
> Please forgive my distress its been a bad week!
> -Rick

The 'ASD' stands for Automatic Shut Down. The ASD Relay removes power
from the fuel pump, injectors, and a few other things.

The PCM Error could say the ASD Relay is bad, blown fuse, or the PCM is
bad. Check the fuses under the hood first. My '96 Dakota has a box on
the Drivers side. If fuses are ok, the Relay is the next culprit, so I
would change it before the PCM. If the PCM is bad, I would recommend
the Performance PCM from Mopar Performance as I beleive it is cheaper,
and will give more performance. The only draw back I have seen in this
mail list is the possibility of detonation with 87 octane regular.

Good Luck!

Tom McCabe

'96 Dakota SLT 2wd, 5.2L, Auto :(
'89 Lebaron GTC, 2.2 Turbo II, 5 Spd