Re: Break-in tips

From: Glenn S. Wiltse (iggy@merit.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 16 1996 - 07:35:40 EST

   Oh, I forgot to add in my other post about break-in...

    I also purposely drove part of the first 500 miles in fourwheel
drive. Even 4 low... I only spent about 5 miles in four low during
that breakin time, but I did spend 50 or so, in four high. Of course
I was not on drive pavement during this time...

    Later I had problems with my transfer case linkage while I was
on a vacation in northern Ontrario, and drove about 15 miles in
four low, because I had very little choice. I hit speeds of 30
miles per hour in over drive...