RE: Dakota invoice prices

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 1996 - 07:56:59 EST

From: scottv@msn.fullfeed.com@INTERNET on Sun, Dec 15, 1996 11:05 AM

>BEFORE you go into the dealership, visit
>http://www.edmunds.com
>and print out the MSRP and invoice prices for the Dakota you are
>lusting for.

Kelly's (the Blue Book people) also have a web site with new car prices at;
http://www.kbb.com/

>Don't let them buffalo you with some story about "The demand is so
>hot that we've been selling them at sticker or higher."
>
>Having those invoice prices with you comes in very handy when the
>salesperson wants to start writing things on a contract.

It's not a Dakota but I just purchased a 97 Avenger for my wife (her X-mass
present). I got it for $300.00 over invoice with a $1000.00 rebate to boot.
I told the salesman upfront that I want to deal from invoice. He went off
and got the actual invoice for the car I was interested in (which matched
Edmunds numbers exactly) and we worked from there.

Dave Clement