"R.I.P. poor little Ford 'Splash' "

From: Sam (sam_p@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Dec 17 1996 - 18:59:05 EST

Last night this guy tail gated me for 4 blocks, then decided to pull along side me
@ the street light. I couldn’t figure out if the ‘kid’ was driving dad’s truck,
or if he just got it for a Christmas. He must have changed lanes 3 times, back
and forth… Flashing his high beams when he got behind me, and couldn’t pass the
car on my right. I got to a red light and unfortunately for him there was a car
in front of him @ the light; I was on my way home (yacking on the phone…) This
guy was seriously impatient, and pulled in behind me once again, then cut off the
car that was in front of him as he changed lanes. So once again I got to another
red light, and then the guy was directly beside me…racing his engine, and it was
pretty obvious that he put an aftermarket blaring muffler on the thing… (Spashs
are V6’s right?) When the green flag drops the xxxxxxxx stops right??? Green
light: I slowly left in 1st, then quickly went to 2nd gear…(mean while Mario
smoked his tires, hits 2nd, and pulled ahead)
.
.
.
I lost…
.
.
.

Just kidding!

I left my HODKOTA (that’s the plate I want) in 2nd until about 4000 rpm, went to
3rd, and walked away from him before I even got to 4th, and by that time I was 3-4
car lengths ahead… I slowed, and at the next light he pulled up next to me again.
I was laughing as he raced his engine again…. I revved mine, the light turned
green, and I turned right!!! He took off straight… I was still laughing when I
got home… The entire time I never went above 4000…and was very mellow in my
shifts (I want my clutch/transmission to last).

I think I convinced another Ford driver to leave Dakota’s alone!! I have been up
against 3-4 Ford Rangers on the way to work now…Beat them all, and now when I see
them on the way to work they seem to leave me alone… That’s fine by me… Where
can I get some Ford Stickers???? I can start putting them on my driver’s door… :P

What’s a good tire to get ??? I am going to need new tires (I want street type,
not the BFG’s anymore) and plan on towing, etc… So they need to be high mileage
rated ‘truck’ tires. Suggestions??

"All I want for Christmas is a set of Doug Thorley Headers!!!"

Sam ’95 Dakota

BTW: I got a B/W Digital Camera, so I will get some B/W photos of my engine,
exhaust, truck, etc taken here real soon, and I’ll send them to the web page…