Mich. LTX (was Re: "R.I.P. poor little Ford 'Splash' " -Reply)

From: KEN MANSFIELD (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Thu Dec 19 1996 - 11:46:11 EST

Larry,

I've got 20K miles on my Mich LTX M/S and have really liked
them in all but one area: dry pavement traction. In the
mornings (I guess the mixture is richer), I can light 'em up
nicely on all but heavily textured pavement. In my parking
garage (slick concrete), I set out a billow of smoke and made
my boss cry (literally) as he was getting into his Ranger. He
wants a V-8!

Wet traction is rather good. I have yet to request assistance
getting my boat out of the water since putting on the Mich's.

Wear is great, of course. They barely show any... I
suppose, with proper care (pressure, rotation, balancing,
alignment, gentle treatment), they could last 60-80 K miles.
(I always have to add the word "miles" now because of you
Canadian readers...)

But, I'm thinking of putting them on momma's 95 Ram
Wagon SLT. Her truck is thrashing the OEM Mich's and, if I
put my tires on her truck, I can get new tires sooner. Plus, I
like her wheels. I would like some wider, more sport-oriented
rubber.

Does anybody know if the lug pattern matches?

klm

PS. Left a Fiord F-150 behind in 1st gear (auto) yesterday.
He was in a "right turn only" lane but went straight instead
(straight behind me, that is).

>>> Jane or Larry Elliott <elliott@serv.net> 12/18/96
09:14pm >>>

<blah, blah, blah>

Just got some tires for my Dakota, Michelin LTX M/S, which
as far as I can
figure is almost identical to the Michelin Radial XLT4 that
Sears sells
and the X Radial LT that Costco sells. The LTX's come in
most common
truck sizes, are quiet, stick in the rain well, and from the
reports I've
heard from the skiers are good in the snow too. They are
good on dry
pavement too.

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd LE