Re: Change it at 500 miles?

From: James Babcock (james.a.babcock@relay.adn.alcatel.com)
Date: Fri Dec 20 1996 - 10:11:47 EST

Scott-

I'd say that 500 is a little soon. I'd go to 1500. An early oil change
is a good idea to remove the little metal shards that break loose as the motor
runs in. I wouldn't change to synthetic until 5000. Conventional oil
will give a better seat to the piston rings.

My $.02. YMMV.

-Jim.
'87 V6 auto 4x4

--