RE: 1997 Dakota questions

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri Dec 20 1996 - 11:53:47 EST

Dave:

I'm not sure your theory of automatic free wheeling (bicycle like) hubs is
correct. If that were the case, you wouldn't have 4 wheel drive in reverse
... mine does.

I didn't notice anything about automatic hubs in any of the Dakota
literature that I've seen. The article that you read may have been
speculative. Last spring I read an article about Dakotas claiming that the
97 4x4 was going to have front coils like the full size ram ... didn't happen.

Its too cold and wet to think about jacking up the front of the truck.
Perhaps Scott is interested, he sounds like he's willing to try almost
anything :>).

Scott:

Chysler has suggested, to me, the first oil change at 4,000 - 6,000 mile,
depending upon the type of driving. When I rebuilt the 360 on my 3/4 ton,
the engine rebuilder recommended that I run it 6,000 - 10,000 miles to allow
for proper break-in before doing anything about friction reduction ie. Slick
50.

**** Please, no comments, I've done my homework on snake oil such as slick
50 and have no intention of using it in my Dakota. At that time my mechanic
believed all the hype about it, he doesn't any more.***

Robert P. Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia
Canada