The Reason for the Season

From: Ken L Mansfield (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Mon Dec 23 1996 - 23:02:57 EST

He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry
ground. He had not beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in
his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and
rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like
one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we
esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our
sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and
afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed
for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone
astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on
him the iniquity of us all.

Isaiah 53:1-6
700 years before this birth of Christ

May you all experience the true glory and splender of Christmas.

Ken