was:Peeling Paint, Now Fuel sender & shifter

From: by way of Michael Jass (pstair@peaka.net)
Date: Sun Dec 29 1996 - 23:25:58 EST

....snip....
Paul> I haven't talked to the dealer about it yet. I need to take mine in for
Paul> a new fuel sender (the second one!)

My '87 had the sae fuel sender problem, only it wasn't the fuel sender, it
was the wire from the sender who's insolation was rubbed off by the body!

Paul> and difficult shifting (5 speed tranny). I tried synthetic lube in the
Paul> tranny but it is getting very hard to shift, particularly to 2nd gear.

I've heard that the shift linkeage gets gummed up with road dirt and needs a
good cleaning and lubrication, this is only hear-say as my Dakota has a 904
with a locking tourque 8^{ this three speed is on the %$*#& again for the
third time!

Best regards,
 Michael.

1987 Dodge Dakota SE "Fast Back"