air injection tube????

From: dion brownlee (dionb@qualcomm.com)
Date: Tue Dec 31 1996 - 10:36:35 EST

On the catalytic converter there is a little tube that comes out the side
and runs up to an air switching valve. Mine is broke at the converter and
is on order but wont be here till friday..... My question is will it hurt
the conveter or anything else if I continue to drive it until lthe part
comes in? It does make afunky noise and also when the rpms come up it does
sputter a little through acceleration but once your at speed it quiets and
smooths considerably.

Dion
89 3.9 2WD