Dakota Blues

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Tue Jan 07 1997 - 17:48:54 EST

Took my truck in Monday to have a transmission leak fixed, I figured it was
a bad seal, nothing major. Well I just got the call, they claim that one of
the shift tower bolts broke off and thats what caused it to start leaking,
and the only way to fix it is to replace it?? They also said that Dodge was
made aware of the problem some time ago and has modified the part slightly
to correct this problem.
The bad news is that its going to cost $300 and Dodge won't cover it nor
will my extended warranty service.
My Warranty service claims its part of the transmission housing, which is a
non covered item. (by the way, that makes the forth thing in a row the
warranty will not cover. Steering column,motor mounts,transmission linkage
and housing.) Thats the first and last extended warranty I'll ever buy!!

So much for go fast parts for a while. Ho hummmm...

Alan...