was:NHTSA evaluation, Now: Auto Transmissions

From: M. Jass & A. McEntee (mjass@magi.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 1997 - 00:42:09 EST

At 04:33 PM 07/01/97 EST, you wrote:
snip..........
>I am now on my
>5th visit for my transmission problem (I posted help notices HERE but alas
>no one else could help me either!-I shift into and out of overdrive
>continuously after the truck warms up at high speeds. After the problem
>occurs at high speeds, I can slow down and the problem still
>remains.)
>-Rick
>'90 4x4 3.9L automatic 8'Bed regular cab Dakotarama
>-Love the truck-Hate the Dealer

Your problem seems to be, YOU HAVE A CHRYSLER AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, they
suck, 727 excluded. Chrysler is notorious for lousy Automatics especially
electronic 4 speeds. I've got a 904 3 speed in my Dakota and it Chews up and
spits out transmissions, two in 1996, one in 1995, dealer changed in 1991.

Michael Jass
87 Dakota (in the shop with a busted Trany)
62 Cadillac (Origonal Trany, only changed the seals)