Re: Transmissions

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 1997 - 16:20:29 EST

>Chrysler does NOT make suckwad trannies. Only Ford can be so accused.
>Chevies are nearly bulletproof, but they're not very efficient. The
>Chrysler slush pumps were, for a very long time, the most efficient
>in the industry. They are still the smoothest shifting.

I don't know about the automatic, but the NV-3500 is a piece of shit!!!! I
have had several different vehicles with 5spd transmissions but this is the
first one I have had so much aggravation with. I have had the damn thing in
for tranny service 4 times since I have had it (60,000).
(1st:rebuild,2nd:replace shift fork,3rd:replace front bearing,4th:replace
shift tower)

I love my truck but this is its weak link. I am searching for a non
chrysler replacment, or someone that can rebuild it with better components.

Alan...