Re: Transmissions

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 08 1997 - 16:28:56 EST

A500 and A518 are based off of the 727. The visual inspection of the two side
by side shows the only main difference being the overdrive housing area at
the rear of the "A" tranny. I tried to find my article of a A518 swap into a
B body car which told the history you seek, but I can't seem to find it. I
believe it was Mopar Muscle.
Also, the exhaust manifolds (Magnum) are based off of the Six-Pac T/A
manifolds. I have the flow results comparison number handy here... Magnum
drivers side flowed 115% of the T/A's and the passengerside flowed 95%. Ever
wonder why they can't squeeze 20hp out of the headers?????Hmmm...as for
904's, I have seen these tranny's in Daks.
Kuk