Re: 96 mods

From: Lee Jacobs (LJacobs@calvin.uchsc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 23 1997 - 15:06:37 EST

In message <Pine.SOL.3.95.970123143526.21165G-100000@megahertz.njit.edu> The
Master of Reality writes:
> let me inform everyone that if you have dual exhaust with the O2 sensor in
> the head pipe, you don't need a second one
> i had mine custom built and one side has no O2 sensor nor is it connected
> anywhere to the other side
>
> tho O2 sensor is tapped right before the cat on the passengers side
>
> evberything works fine with no trouble codes
>
> -Master Of Reality

Ummm... you're not following the thread correctly there, MOR.
in 96 they went to one fore, and one aft, of the Catalytic convertor.
Right ?

So, we all need to be careful about giving out bad poop.
This isn't directed at anyone, so don't take it personal like.
Just remember to post 'YOUR' year and model when giving advice
(Like MOR did).

Also, did Jules ever respond ? He made the statement that the 96
MP SBEC and Exhaust were out. I haven't heard any followup to the
questions.

For those that got lost: the 96 has a different type SBEC than the
the prior models, due to OBDII (on-board-diagnostics?). It is also
(I was told on this list by Jules or Kuk or Ned?) a physically smaller
unit.

I guess us 96 owners will just have to stay 'different'.
Lee - 96 SLT 4x4 CC 5speed limited slip, Flame Red and Ready !!

   __
  / / ___ ___ Lee Jacobs
 / / / _ \/ _ \ LJacobs@Calvin.UCHSC.Edu
/ /__| __/ __/ University of Colorado Health Sciences
\____/\___|\___| Big Aspirations, Small Wallet.